Over a period of 10 weeks we learnt about creating Single Page Applications for the web using the latest technology stack including Angular, Node, Grunt, Bower and SASS with DropBox as backend enabled by Prof. William Jones' itemMirror library. Our pitch video was acclaimed as the best video presentation by the top alumni of Information School.
Trip planning made as easy as planning a Pizza
Group project with Gagandeep Singh and Varun D.
Web development, UX/UI design, video creation, pitching
Designed complete UI, front-end implementation, project demonstration video creation, presentation and pitching
Contributed to research, backend development and rapid prototyping
May - June 2015 (10 weeks) | Coding- 2 weeks
Delivered Project Code
We love Open Source!
Github Link: https://github.com/UW-itemMirror-apps/Tripzza_SPA
We learnt spent first 5 weeks learning about itemMirror library and principles of Personal Information Management.
Using eXtreme Programming process, we developed initial prototype using the following User Flow:
- Decide a location
- Create a shared folder in DropBox (Planning a trip is better with friends. start collaborating with fellow planners)
- Search for different sources of information
- Save relevant content sources into the DropBox folder structure with descriptions
- Tag the saved content choosing custom color
- Revisit the stored links by referencing them using added context
- View content saved by your friends on the same shared path using Tripzza
- Delete irrelevant links at anytime
The use case is available in form of a video tagged See Tripzza In Action.
The feature list was deliberately kept simple because of the limitations of the itemMirror library's API availability and their scope. We hustled our way through the 2 week development grind and video production was done within 2 days for pitching. It was an exhausting yet rewarding experience.